Back in January, we created our top 5 tips for cleaning your desk to commemorate ‘Clean your desk day’! This is a chance to de-clutter and prepare for the arrival of Spring, but you can begin practising good habits any time.
A tidy desk can help clear your mind and help you get organised in your workspace, so here’s our top 5 tips to get started…
- File, file, file. By now we all expected to be working in ‘the paperless office’ but in reality paperwork is still a part of working life. From magazine files to ring binders and lever arch files, aim to clear your desk regularly by getting into the habit of filing
- Invest in an air duster. It comes in an aerosol can and is basically compressed gas that removes dirt from your keyboards, printers and office equipment. We have a special offer on at the moment, so for under a fiver you can have sticky-free keys, at least until your morning biscuit break
- Get organised. Label makers, pen pots and to-do lists can all help make this possible
- Avoid the furniture polish! Many people reach for furniture polish to give their desk a dust, however it can damage the materials and we recommend using a fine-spray, good quality window-cleaner instead with a J cloth
- Set a date. Why not set aside a day every year as your annual archiving day?
Do you have a top tip for decluttering your desk? Or are you guilty of keeping everything, forever? However you do it, Gosh Office can help.